Video poker is a genre of instant-win games that involves forming a ranked poker hand to win a prize. Unlike traditional poker, video poker does not have a dealer or other players to compete against. This makes it an ideal game for beginners who are just starting to explore online gambling.
There are many different variants of video poker available, each with its own unique twists on the rules, such as wild cards and unconventional poker hands. This variety ensures that there are plenty of options for players to choose from at online casinos.
In conclusion, video poker is a fun and easy-to-learn game that offers a great introduction to the world of online gambling. With its many different variants and simple gameplay, it is a popular choice for players of all levels.
Play Video Poker Games for Real Money
Video Poker Guide
Video poker is the ideal game for first-time casino players. If you’re thinking of tackling poker tables and real money games that feature dealers and other players, you will do well to start by playing video poker. This easy-to-learn game is a doddle and Real.Casino will walk you through your options right here in our guide.
What Are the Basic Rules of Video Poker?
Video poker is arguably one of the most straightforward games that you can play online. In video poker, you aren’t competing against a dealer, and there are no other players stopping you from winning. Instead, you’re merely tasked with forming the best hand you can do, and that will then be compared. If it matches one on the game’s paytable, you’ll win a prize.
Video poker begins with a bet, which is constructed using the wagering buttons found on the screen. The more you wager, the more you can win. After the bet has been made, five cards are dealt to the player. You can highlight cards to keep or discard them. New cards will replace those you wish to get rid of. Once this is done, your final five-card hand is ready to be graded according to the paytable to potentially yield a prize.
The amount you can win when playing video poker depends on a couple of different factors. Firstly, it depends on the hand you’ve put together. Secondly, it takes into consideration how much you’ve bet. You can check what you can win by looking at the paytable found on any video poker game.
- Pair: Normally, a pair of Jacks is required.
- Two Pair: Two pairs of cards that have the same value.
- Three of a Kind: You’ll need to have three cards of the same value.
- Straight: Basically, five cards in numerical order but not the same suit.
- Flush: Here, all five cards belong to the same suit but are not in numerical order.
- Full House: This hand features both a Two Pair and a Three of a Kind.
- Four of a Kind: Four of your five cards will be of the same value.
- Straight Flush: All five of your cards are in the same suit and in numerical order.
- Royal Flush: Your hand consists of 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace in the same suit.
If you’re playing with wild cards, you may also be able to bag the following hands in selected games:
- Unnatural Royal Flush: This is a Royal Flush, but one that uses a wild card in the place of one or more cards.
- Five of a Kind: By using a wild card, it is possible to land a five-of-a-kind combo. All five cards (four plus a wild) have the same value.
- Four Deuces: All four twos appear in this hand.
Remember, the paytable can vary depending on the game you’re playing. If you’re playing with wild cards, it is likely that the lowest paying hand won’t be a Pair of Jacks or a Two Pair but a Three of a Kind, instead.
How to Play Video Poker
When you explore some of the more popular video poker variants online, you will inevitably come across wild cards. These add spice to the game. They effectively count as any card you need to form a winning hand. In most cases, they will be jokers, but they can sometimes be twos or other designated cards. They are responsible for some of the more bizarre and unconventional hands listed above.
Video poker games that feature wild cards aren’t the only variants you can find. Here’s a brief look at the most popular video poker games you can find at online casinos:
- Deuces Wild: This game transforms 2s (deuces) into wilds and lets you win a special prize if you land four deuces.
- Jacks or Better: The basic version of video poker, where a Pair of Jacks is the lowest paying hand.
- 10s or Better: Like Jacks or Better, although a pair of 10s is the lowest paying hand.
- Aces and Faces: Earn bonus payouts by landing hands that consist largely of aces and face cards.
- Joker Poker: A conventional video poker game that incorporates jokers as wild cards.
- Bonus Poker: Land special combos (displayed on the game’s paytable) to win prizes. Double Bonus Poker and other variations can also be found.
- Multihand Video Poker: Play Jacks or Better with up to 100 hands in play at once in this game.
Beginner Tips for Playing Video Poker
Before playing video poker online, it is wide for beginners to make a note of the following tips to help improve their game:
- Find a video poker game that offers good payouts for low stakes. As there is no dealer to ruin your day, this will improve your chances of landing a win.
- Multihand video poker games will multiply your bet by however many extra hands you choose to play.
- Check the paytables to see what the lowest-ranking hand is. Ideally, the lower, the better.
- Learn when it is ideal to break up a potential Flush or a Straight for the promise of something better.
- You can play video poker games for free as demos. This is ideal before you start wagering real money on them.
Best Video Poker Strategies
Video poker is no different from any other poker game in that basic poker strategy can be used to form winning hands. However, as there are no other cards on the table, you’ll simply need to get an idea of how many decks are in play to form a strategy. There’s no guaranteed way to win, but because there is no dealer and no opposing players, it is marginally easier to land cash prizes in video poker than at real poker tables.
Can I win a progressive jackpot playing video poker?
Not. Unfortunately, there are no side bets to be found in video poker games, and the maximum amount you can win is always fixed.
What’s the most I can win in video poker?
The amount will vary depending on the game you’re playing and the number of coins you’ve wagered. However, it will almost always be paid out if you land a Natural Royal Flush.
Why play video poker at all?
Video poker is easy to get to grips with for beginners because there is no dealer involved. Moreover, it makes for great practice if you want to wager on “proper” poker games later.
Do all video poker games have wild cards?
No. Only selected poker games have wild cards. They are usually easy to spot because they have unconventional poker hands, such as Unnatural Royal Flushes and the fabled Five of a Kind.
Can I play video poker with cryptocurrencies?
Yes, but not in all games. It depends on the software provider and casino in question.
Online Video Poker Casino Sites
Embark on a thrilling Video Poker adventure and stand a chance to win genuine cash by indulging in our premium online casino recommendations. Our handpicked selection of esteemed Video Poker casino sites caters to players from diverse corners of the globe, and guarantees an unparalleled gaming experience. Don’t waste any time, as our advanced filtering system allows you to effortlessly locate Video Poker sites that welcome players from your country. Click the button below to access this feature and unlock a world of exciting possibilities. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to claim your rightful winnings – join the ranks of satisfied players and experience the magic of Video Poker today.